Sunday, August 31, 2008

We Live In Exciting Times - Whether Good or Bad!

First, Cindy and I want to thank all of you for your encouragement of hope and for your prayers. We are still in Arizona walking on a long and tenuous tightrope for the survival of our daughter Stephanie. My talented daughter Courtney is making daily reports on the progress of Stephanie and her husband Christian on cjanerun.com.

I hope you had a chance to watch the proceedings of the Democratic Convention. I thought it was well produced and I thought Barack laid out a clear outline of what he wants to do. He didn't, however, say much about how he is going to pay for it. The Democratic Platform is clear and hasn't changed from previous Democratic candidates.

Now it is time for the Republicans to step forward and make their case. I hope you will give the Republicans equal time. In the end, I think we will have a clear distinction as to where each candidate wants to take us. I hope the Republicans will be more straightforward as to how much it is going to cost to get us there.

Remember, words come cheap but converting words to actions takes honesty. And honesty never comes cheap.