Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My sincere gratitude

Hi friends, neighbors and constituents,

The votes haven't been counted 100% in District #63 but the Daily Herald called and said I won. I want to thank my wife Cindy and all my children including Stephanie (who is in the Maricopa Burn Center) and my grandchildren for their hard work and encouragement in my campaign. I thank my campaign manager David Morgan and his sister Barb for giving me good counsel. To all my supporters - especially those who put their name on the line in support of me I thank them for their courage and loyalty. And, to my constituents and voters of district 63 who put their trust in me thank you and know I will honor that trust and will serve you well.

To my friend Don Jarvis - who I respect even more - I congratulate him on a good clean race. He worked hard. I know we can meet each other on the street or in church and feel comfortable. There is no bad feelings or regrets. The difference is simply party affliation.

All Utah County Democrat opponents worked hard and ran tough races. The only Democratic loser was the strategist that dreamed up the cockamamie idea to have Democrats masquerade as Republicans. This strategist has been a switch hitter all his political career - he ran for the legislature as a Republican and lost then - now he has switched to a Democrat, talked his Democrat friends into running disguised as Republicans. Go figure!