Saturday, November 8, 2008

To my constituents

I don't want to start the legislative year without thanking you again for your trust and overwhelming support for me. As I met with many of you on the campaign trail I mentioned my disappointment in not hearing from my constituents. Even when critical votes come up I seldom get constituent input. When the voucher votes came up (at least 3 times in the last eight years) I received very little reponse for or against on the issue. I am hoping this will change. I plea with you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule during the upcoming session and let me know your opinion on issues. This is the only way I can know what my constituents are thinking - otherwise, I can only vote my best judgment. Feel free to email me at sclark@utah.gov. I hope to hear from you. Regards Steve