Monday, December 29, 2008

It goes on! What's the future?

I have taken a breather from politics and have enjoyed a wonderful time of Thanksgiving and celebration of the Savior's birth. I hope you also had a wonderful holiday season. This has been a monumental year for our family. It has been filled with tears of sorrow and tears of joy. It has brought a family together under extreme circumstances and the family has performed well. Our daughter survived due to a miracle - not only the burn injuries but also the trauma of the crash. It was meant for her to live and finish her mission with her family and others. And, in the meantime, we have learned you ask for what you need and accept what is given to you with gratitude. Stephanie will be coming home soon!

The newspapers have picked up on an exercise I am conducting regarding my chances in running for mayor of Provo. I have written a number of peer leaders in all parts of the city asking for a judgment on my electability and name ID in their part of town. I will be contacting these people in the next couple of months for an assessment. That is the only thing I have done and this exercise should not be construed as a decision to run for mayor. Local government has been appealing to me because it is where public servants meet the people face to face. I would like to hear your take on this prospective.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!